What's This?: A suite of web tools for a small-knit group of dedicated travellers and rewards points collectors.
Role: UX Designer & Graphic Designer - wireframing, high fidelity assets, content creation, user research
Project Year: 2022
Tools: Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Towards the 2nd half of 2022, I had the opportunity to join a small and close-knit community of Canadian travel and rewards points enthusiasts. While mainly based within a private Discord server, there was a use case for resources that existed outside of these messaging channels.
With the feedback from fellow travellers and developers, we had put together a suite of web-based tools, links, and graphics that offered valuable information for members, and helped foster a community of knowledge sharing.
The latest iteration of the homepage involved the following:
- Webpage access by Discord login/logout
- Quick references to externally linked community-made material
- View upcoming member events in Discord server
- View a summary top-rated deals from Aeroplan eStore, Rakuten Canada, and Great Canadian Rebates
- View latest Premium and General deals from Flyertalk Forums
This search tool involves the following features:
- MUI React component library based form elements for quick deployment
- Ability to search by multiple origin airports, destination airports, and departure dates all at once
- Powerful filter capabilities, including number of stops, duration, departure & arrival times, fare class, and aircraft
Key points of information include:
- Which cards can earn Membership Rewards, Aeroplan Points, or Marriot Bonvoy
- Standard welcome bonuses, annual fees, minimum spend requirements, and rewards points available
- Detailed flowchart of referral bonuses, and total rewards points earnable through referral amongst two account holders.
- Additional notes and referral policy information for certain rewards cards